I'm sorry, but I've always wanted to start a blog post like that. Does that make me a geek? Or a nerd?
Anyway, we were discussing the Brazilian Healthcare IT system, which as it turns out has a number of interesting features, for example:
- It is completely paperless, you do everything on a computer or cell phone, and everybody in Brazil has a cell phone.
- By data-linking doctors' prescriptions with pharmacy refill orders, it all but eliminated drug fraud.
- It can track influenza outbreaks in real time.
- Your personal health record works just as well if you're a tribesman with no name living in a canoe on the Amazon River.
- It is the world's largest open source project.
Post a Comment