I am at the moment marveling at an order of magnitude improvement in information flow. Not only volume, but also the tools to filter, route, search, organize, and share.
So here's a few links of interest coming through the feeds lately.
Personal Health Records - Who are the key PHR providers and how are they handling lab results?
Soon we will all be e-Patients
Me, I'm working at one of those HIEs beginning to link patients directly to their own health data.
While the government attempts to pave the way for a national health information network.
So we can all have our own Personal Health Records (PHR).
A view from inside the HealthVault — Reviving The Health Revolution
- Understanding Vocabularies #2 – HealthVault Recommendations
- Working with HealthVault XML APIs — Reviving The Health Revolution
- Google Health v Microsoft Healthvault
- Healthcare around the world, there are innovations to consider (PBS)
- Digital Healthcare, Participatory Healthcare (Germany)
From Twitter, I got a report from iHealthBeat on the use of Twitter in Healthcare.
Also, a discussion of social media in healthcare.
And that's just the past few weeks. How about a medical wiki like Medpedia?
Speaking of wikis, try the Knowledge Mobilization Works Wiki / Wiki101
Not to mention the reference manuals, I'm a JEE/SOA type guy, so...
- JAX-WS RI 2.1 FCS-- Users Guide
- ebXML - Enabling A Global Electronic Market
- What's New in JSF 2? From the blog of Andy Schwartz